New Bern, Craven County - Police say they are investigating a death in the 700 block of 2nd Avenue in New Bern.
A New Bern Police spokesperson says a welfare check lead to the discovery of a body around one o'clock Sunday afternoon. Police say a 43 year old black male is the deceased person.
At this time, police do not suspect foul play; we are withholding the name of the victim due to the death not being a cause for concern to the public.
Police are awaiting autopsy results to determine cause of death, but natural causes are likely.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day