JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Craven County man is in custody for shooting another man inside a Jacksonville home.
Desmond Leon Hill Jr, 21, from Havelock, discharged a small caliber handgun inside a home at 336 Helen Street around 1a.m., according to arrest warrants.
The warrants say when Jacksonville Police responded and asked who discharged the firearm, Hill misled police by telling them that someone wearing all black did it and ran off.
After over two hours of investigating, the victim who was shot identified Hill as the shooter, according to warrants.
A spokeswoman for the Jacksonville Police Department says the victim's gunshot wound is non-life threatening.
Hill is charged with discharging a firearm in the city and resisting a public officer.
He will make his first appearance in court at 9 .am.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Coast Guard searches for missing crew of capsized Swan Quarter fishing boat
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn