HAVELOCK - A Havelock man was arrested last week after police said he held a "large kitchen knife" to the necks of two people, including his own child.
Zenas Uriah Aaron, 34, will be in court later this week facing several charges including child abuse and kidnapping. Havelock Police Chief Wayne Cyrus said Aaron held the knife to the neck of his 11-year-old child and led the child from room to room inside his Wynn Road apartment.
Aaron also held the knife to the throat of Odessa Clay, a warrant said. He allegedly threatened to kill Clay in the presence of 11- and 13-year-old children.
Clay and Aaron are dating, a neighbor said.
"Police had the road blocked off," neighbor Jonathan Ness said.
Ness said he heard loud noises coming from Aaron's apartment. As for the allegations involving the knife, "it's scary, really is," Ness said.
Aaron is due in court Thursday, and faces the following charges:
-- assault on a female
-- misdemeanor child abuse
-- second-degree kidnapping
-- assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill
-- assault with a deadly weapon with a minor present
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog