Police identify suspect in high-speed chase that ends in wreck
A man is facing a long list of charges for allegedly leading Jacksonville Police on a high-speed chase, before grazing an officer and wrecking his vehicle.
Investigators have identified 26-year-old Kendall Jammal Fields as the suspect in the chase Tuesday evening.
According to police, they were performing a vehicle checkpoint on West Huff Drive. But when Fields pulled up and was asked for his driver's license, he allegedly sped away, investigators said.
Police said Fields led a high-speed chase, and even grazed an officer who was trying to stop him, before crashing into two cars. Fields then allegedly abandoned his vehicle on Armstrong Drive and surrendered to police.
No injuries were reported.
Fields was being held in the Onslow County Jail on the following charges:
- Failure to yield to blue lights and siren.
- Failure to reduce speed
- Driving left of center (two counts)
- Driving with license revoked
- Unsafe lane change
- Hit-and-run (two counts)
- Speeding (two counts)
- Careless and reckless driving
- Red light violation
- Improper backing
- Assault with a deadly weapon (two counts)
- Aggressive driving
- Possession of marijuana, maintaining a vehicle for drugs
- Assault with a deadly weapon on a government official
- Felony speeding to elude
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.