Craven County - A report of a crime at a Dollar General Store led to a police chase that lasted about 10 minutes.
Police say they got a call of a larceny and assault at the Dollar General on Pirates Rd. near River Bend about 2:00 Thursday.
When they arrived, they say Deandre Hill, 36, of New Bern, led them on a car chase along Hwy. 17 toward New Bern.
The chase reached speeds up to 85 miles per hour.
It came to an end on Trent Rd. near Red Robin Lane, when Hill was forced to stop because of a tractor in the road.
Police arrested Hill. He faces a list of charges, including felony speeding to elude arrest and felony assault with a deadly weapon on a government official.
Investigators say he tried to hit a police officer with his car.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her