Craven County - A report of a crime at a Dollar General Store led to a police chase that lasted about 10 minutes.
Police say they got a call of a larceny and assault at the Dollar General on Pirates Rd. near River Bend about 2:00 Thursday.
When they arrived, they say Deandre Hill, 36, of New Bern, led them on a car chase along Hwy. 17 toward New Bern.
The chase reached speeds up to 85 miles per hour.
It came to an end on Trent Rd. near Red Robin Lane, when Hill was forced to stop because of a tractor in the road.
Police arrested Hill. He faces a list of charges, including felony speeding to elude arrest and felony assault with a deadly weapon on a government official.
Investigators say he tried to hit a police officer with his car.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo