FAYETTEVILLE - Authorities in Fayetteville have charged a man with 159 counts of various sex crimes that investigators say involve two teenage girls.
Police said Wednesday that 33-year-old Christopher Jason Williams is charged with 53 counts each of statutory rape, taking indecent liberties with a child and statutory sex offense.
Police spokesman Gavin MacRoberts said an investigation began after the 14-year-old and her guardian told police a man held her against her will for several weeks and had sex with her.
During the investigation, detectives found a 15-year-old girl hiding inside the home, and learned that the girl was living there and having sex with the man since May.
Williams is being held in the Cumberland County jail under a $1.325 million bond. It's not known if he has an attorney.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction