GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police say a New Bern man was arrested after allegedly breaking into a Greenville business.
Police say they received a call Saturday morning around 2:30, saying that someone had shattered a glass door at El Rancho, located at 2500 Charles Blvd.
They say multiple officers arrived on scene and quickly established a perimeter.
They say the suspect, 36-year-old Christopher Smith, allegedly attempted to run out the back door, but after a short foot chase he was taken into custody.
Police say Smith has been charged and is being held under a $100,000 bond.
Police officials say their detectives are looking into the possibility that Smith could be linked to other break-ins in the area. More charges are possible.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast