GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police say a New Bern man was arrested after allegedly breaking into a Greenville business.
Police say they received a call Saturday morning around 2:30, saying that someone had shattered a glass door at El Rancho, located at 2500 Charles Blvd.
They say multiple officers arrived on scene and quickly established a perimeter.
They say the suspect, 36-year-old Christopher Smith, allegedly attempted to run out the back door, but after a short foot chase he was taken into custody.
Police say Smith has been charged and is being held under a $100,000 bond.
Police officials say their detectives are looking into the possibility that Smith could be linked to other break-ins in the area. More charges are possible.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating