RIVER BEND - A trio of break-in suspects led officers on a high-speed chase in Craven County early Wednesday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the Attitudes Pub & Grill, on Shoreline Drive in River Bend, said Chief Ryland Matthews of the River Bend Police Department. When they arrived, they found the bar, along with a nearby business, broken into.
The burglars then drove away and led officers on a high-speed chase, until the suspects stopped at the parking lot of the Colony Village apartment complex, on Brunswick Avenue in New Bern, said Chief Matthews.
Two of the suspects jumped out of the car and got away, Chief Matthews said. But police did arrest the driver. The identities of the suspects were not released.
Investigators did not explain what, if anything, was stolen from the businesses.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health