RIVER BEND - A trio of break-in suspects led officers on a high-speed chase in Craven County early Wednesday morning, police said.
Officers responded to the Attitudes Pub & Grill, on Shoreline Drive in River Bend, said Chief Ryland Matthews of the River Bend Police Department. When they arrived, they found the bar, along with a nearby business, broken into.
The burglars then drove away and led officers on a high-speed chase, until the suspects stopped at the parking lot of the Colony Village apartment complex, on Brunswick Avenue in New Bern, said Chief Matthews.
Two of the suspects jumped out of the car and got away, Chief Matthews said. But police did arrest the driver. The identities of the suspects were not released.
Investigators did not explain what, if anything, was stolen from the businesses.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe