A Carteret County man's body washed ashore in Virginia, police said.
A construction worker found the body of 56-year-old Carl Douglas Lewis, of Beaufort, Tuesday morning, police said. The body was discovered north of a drawbridge in Chincoteague Island, on the eastern part of Virginia, near the Maryland border.
According to delmarvaNow.com, Lewis was last seen alive at about 10-10:30 p.m. Monday, on a fishing boat. He reportedly fell off the vessel as it was docked behind a restaurant.
Police said they did not believe foul play was involved. Lewis had a heart condition, investigators said. His body was taken to the Norfolk Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community