KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Kinston Police have arrested a woman accused of trafficking pharmaceutical narcotics.
According to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, 42-year-old April Bender McKeel, of Walstonburg in Greene County, was arrested Wednesday night. Investigators said they seized trafficking amounts Percocet pills when they took McKeel into custody at the intersection of Highway 258 North and Highway 70 West in Kinston.
McKeel has been charged with one count of felony maintaining a vehicle for control substances and four counts of trafficking in schedule II, said police. She was placed into the Lenoir County Jail under a $275,000 secured bond.
In addition to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office and federal agents with NCIS took part in the investigation.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day