KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Kinston Police have arrested a woman accused of trafficking pharmaceutical narcotics.
According to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, 42-year-old April Bender McKeel, of Walstonburg in Greene County, was arrested Wednesday night. Investigators said they seized trafficking amounts Percocet pills when they took McKeel into custody at the intersection of Highway 258 North and Highway 70 West in Kinston.
McKeel has been charged with one count of felony maintaining a vehicle for control substances and four counts of trafficking in schedule II, said police. She was placed into the Lenoir County Jail under a $275,000 secured bond.
In addition to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office and federal agents with NCIS took part in the investigation.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam