WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Police have arrested a suspect accused of shooting and injuring another man in Beaufort County.
William Henry Bailey III, 28, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, said investigators. Additional charges are pending.
According to the Washington Police Department, Bailey shot Stefon W. Little in the leg at about 1:17 p.m. Monday in the area of 9th and Gladden Streets.
Little, of Boston Avenue, was taken to Vidant Medical Center, police said. His condition has not been released.
Officers said they were able to arrest Bailey, of Gladden Street, within two hours of the shooting. He was placed in Beaufort County Detention Center without bond.
There is no word on a motive.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list