WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Police have arrested a suspect accused of shooting and injuring another man in Beaufort County.
William Henry Bailey III, 28, has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, said investigators. Additional charges are pending.
According to the Washington Police Department, Bailey shot Stefon W. Little in the leg at about 1:17 p.m. Monday in the area of 9th and Gladden Streets.
Little, of Boston Avenue, was taken to Vidant Medical Center, police said. His condition has not been released.
Officers said they were able to arrest Bailey, of Gladden Street, within two hours of the shooting. He was placed in Beaufort County Detention Center without bond.
There is no word on a motive.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend