WILLIAMSTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Police have arrested a man accused of an armed robbery at a WilcoHess in Martin County.
Williamston Police said officers responded to the WilcoHess at 800 East Blvd. at about 11:10 p.m. on Jan. 29. According to investigators, two men with handguns entered the store and demanded money. The robbers then left the scene on foot. No one was injured, police said.
Javian Shamar Brown (pictured above) was identified as one of the suspects and was arrested on Jan. 31, police said. He has been charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Brown was being held on a $100,000 bond in the Bertie-Martin Regional Jail. He is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 17.
Anyone with information on the second suspect is asked to call the Williamston Police Department at 252-792-2124 or Martin County Crime Stoppers 252-792-8800.
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens