WILLIAMSTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Police have charged a suspect in an armed robbery at a Martin County convenience store.
Williamston Police arrested 35-year-old Eric Lamont Green on Saturday and charged him with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon. He was being jailed under a $100,000 secured bond.
According to investigators, Green robbed Sal's Corner Store at 610 N. Haughton St. in Williamston at about 8:39 p.m. on Dec. 5.
Employees told police Green entered the store and demanded money. The man threatened the employees with violence if they didn't comply, said investigators.
Green got away with an undisclosed amount of money, police said. No one was injured.
Green is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 22.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race