NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police arrested a man for allegedly trying to break into a New Bern home.
Officers said they received a call at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday of a man attempting to break into a residence on the 700 block of Craven Street. The suspect, 24-year-old Shawn Michael Johnson, was later arrested at his home on the same street, police said.
Johnson was charged with attempted breaking and entering and received a $1500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 21.
There was no word on what the suspect was allegedly trying to steal.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return