KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his ex-girlfriend and hitting her with a tire iron.
La-Neil Fields, 39, of La Grange, was taken into custody Tuesday night during a routine traffic stop, according to Woody Spencer of Kinston Police. The suspect is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Angela Latral-Peoples, on Sunday.
The victim said Fields punched and stabbed her multiple times. She also said the suspect hit her several times with a tire iron.
Latral-Peoples was treated and released from a Wilson County hospital.
Fields has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He was placed in the Lenoir County Jail under a $50,000 bond.
Fields had been charged in the past for other crimes, including assault and breaking and entering, according to investigators.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters