SURF CITY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Police have arrested a soldier accused of fracturing a Marine's jaw and assaulting a woman at a bar in Onslow County.
With the help of the NCIS, Surf City Police said they arrested 20-year-old PFC Joseph Bruce Henry, a soldier from Riverside, NJ, who is stationed at Fort Bragg.
According to police, Henry assaulted 25-year-old Marine Elliot Stamschror at the Sandbar Saloon at 1713 N. New River Dr. in Surf City on May 11. Stamschror's jaw was fractured and many of his teeth were knocked out, requiring surgery, said investigators.
Henry also assaulted a woman who was with Stamschror, police said.
Henry has been charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury and assault on a female, said police. He was placed in the Onslow County Jail under a $30,000 bond.
Investigators said they have identified a second male suspect involved in the fight, but are waiting for him to come back from deployment next week before releasing his name.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says