GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville police have arrested a man suspected of trying to rob a fast food restaurant.
According to investigators, Joseph Junior Taft displayed a handgun and tried to rob the Captain D's Seafood Kitchen at 626 S. Memorial Dr. at about 3:58 p.m. Friday. But employees did not comply and nothing was stolen.
Police identified Taft after they found his Ford Taurus less than 45 minutes after the incident.
He's charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial