GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville police have arrested a man suspected of trying to rob a fast food restaurant.
According to investigators, Joseph Junior Taft displayed a handgun and tried to rob the Captain D's Seafood Kitchen at 626 S. Memorial Dr. at about 3:58 p.m. Friday. But employees did not comply and nothing was stolen.
Police identified Taft after they found his Ford Taurus less than 45 minutes after the incident.
He's charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies