WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Police arrested a Beaufort County man for allegedly committing sex crimes against a child.
According to Washington Police, 66-year-old Oswald Birt, Jr., of 16th Street, was taken into custody Thursday on charges of statutory rape, indecent liberties with a child, and second degree sexual exploitation of a minor. Investigators said the crimes happened in 2006 and 2007.
Immediately after his arrest, Birt was taken before a judge for a first court appearance, police said. The suspect was later released on a $25,000 bond.
Police said because more charges are possible in other jurisdictions, no other details can be released at this time.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president