GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they've arrested a man who fired shots near ECU in Greenville over the weekend.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 25-year-old Jyron Fitzgerald Fox is accused of firing shots in the area of Evans Street and Dickinson Avenue just after 2:30 a.m. Saturday. An ECU Alert was sent out.
Officers who were already patrolling the uptown district heard the shots being fired.
Within seconds of the shots, they were able to stop a vehicle leaving the BB&T parking lot, said police. Fox was subsequently arrested.
No one was injured, police said.
Fox is charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, injury to personal property, and injury to real property. He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center under a $2,500 bond.
There is no word on a motive.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional