GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they've arrested a man who fired shots near ECU in Greenville over the weekend.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 25-year-old Jyron Fitzgerald Fox is accused of firing shots in the area of Evans Street and Dickinson Avenue just after 2:30 a.m. Saturday. An ECU Alert was sent out.
Officers who were already patrolling the uptown district heard the shots being fired.
Within seconds of the shots, they were able to stop a vehicle leaving the BB&T parking lot, said police. Fox was subsequently arrested.
No one was injured, police said.
Fox is charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, injury to personal property, and injury to real property. He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center under a $2,500 bond.
There is no word on a motive.
- Updated Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction