FARMVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have arrested a man accused of committing an armed robbery at a Pitt County beauty salon.
Farmville Police said they arrested 19-year-old Trayvond Atkins at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police had been looking for Atkins for weeks in connection with the armed robbery at P&P Salon on June 26.
Atkins used a handgun to break the front door glass of the salon, then robbed the salon's owner and a customer at gunpoint, investigators said. The suspect took an undisclosed amount of cash and personal property, including a woman's purse, said police.
Atkins was arrested at a residence on Taylors Turn in Farmville and is being held at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $250,000 bond.
Atkins was already on probation and had prior breaking and entering charges, police said.
- Trump rips media, repeats 'enemy of the people' line
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million