Police arrested a man who allegedly stole from a department store at the New Bern Mall, then ran off toward a nearby neighborhood, officers said.
Ivan Mason was taken into custody, police said. He was accused of stealing clothes from the Belk Store, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Wednesday afternoon. Mason then allegedly ran across Highway 70 toward the Woodland Crossing Apartments.
Police officers went to the campus of Grover C. Fields Middle School, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., because they believed the suspect was in the area. But a search turned up nothing, investigators said.
Mason had several outstanding warrants, police said. No other details on the suspect were released.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso