Police arrested a man who allegedly stole from a department store at the New Bern Mall, then ran off toward a nearby neighborhood, officers said.
Ivan Mason was taken into custody, police said. He was accused of stealing clothes from the Belk Store, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Wednesday afternoon. Mason then allegedly ran across Highway 70 toward the Woodland Crossing Apartments.
Police officers went to the campus of Grover C. Fields Middle School, on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., because they believed the suspect was in the area. But a search turned up nothing, investigators said.
Mason had several outstanding warrants, police said. No other details on the suspect were released.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating