GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police say they've arrested two heroin trafficking suspects and seized 200 bags of the drug.
The Greenville Regional Drug Task Force arrested 23-year-old Nazeer Dijon Vick and 40-year-old Wesley Malek Walker on Tuesday in the area of Memorial Drive and Country Club Drive.
Police said Vick and Walker were traveling to New Jersey to buy heroin, then bringing the drugs back to Greenville, where they were repackaging the heroin for sale. The suspects used false household containers to hide the heroin when transporting them, according to investigators.
Police said officers seized 200 bags of heroin and 36 grams of powder heroin in the investigation, which lasted a month.
Vick and Walker, both of Greenville, are being held under bonds of $2 million and $1 million, respectively, at the Pitt County Detention Center on numerous heroin trafficking charges.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth