GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have arrested a man who allegedly committed an armed robbery at a Greenville grocery store.
Investigators said Christian Marquel Dyer used a semi-automatic handgun to rob Landmark Grocery on East Fifth Street at about 11:11 p.m. Thursday. As officers and a K-9-unit pursued the Dyer, the suspect dropped the stolen money and his handgun, police said.
The K-9 unit eventually found Dyer hiding in the bed of a pickup truck on North Meade Street, investigators said.
Dyer was arrested and charged with one count each of robbery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a firearm by a felon. He was being jailed at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond.
According to police, the suspect has prior arrests for robbery, conspiracy, drug offenses, child abuse, fleeing to elude police, reckless driving, and larceny.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants