MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - A homeless man has been charged for allegedly stabbing another man after an argument over a dog.
The stabbing happened at the Willis Trailer Park in Morehead City at about 8:05 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
According to the Morehead City Police Department, 58-year-old Jimmie Greer (pictured) was staying under a tarp at Lot 59 when a dog went onto the yard.
Greer then began arguing about the dog with 51-year-old Daniel Costello, a resident of the trailer park, investigators said. The confrontation led to a fight between the two men-- Greer was hit on the head with a metal pipe and Costello was stabbed in the abdomen, according to police.
Greer has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injuries and is being held at the Carteret County Jail under a $75,000 bond, said police.
Costello was taken to Carteret General Hospital before being transferred to another hospital, an official said. There was no word on his condition.
Charges against Costello are pending, said police.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says