WILSON, WILSON COUNTY - Police say a 7-year-old boy was killed after shots were fired into a home in Wilson County.
The Wilson Police Department said they responded to the 400 block of Parkview Street at about 9:51 p.m. Wednesday.
When officers arrived, they saw that the home was shot and a 7-year-old boy was hit during the shooting, investigators said. The child --who has not been identified-- was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, where he died.
Investigators did not say who they believe was the intended target in the shooting. At last check, no arrest had been made.
The Wilson Police Department is encouraging anyone with information to contact CrimeStoppers at 252-243-2255 or 252-399-2323.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo