Police said they have arrested a man who stole a cell phone from a woman, only to be chased down by the victim's 15-year-old daughter.
Adrian Newsome, 24, is charged with felony larceny from a person and resisting a public officer.
Greenville Police said Newsome stole a woman's cell phone at about 2 p.m. Thursday at the parking lot of the Walmart at 210 Greenville Blvd. But the victim's 15-year-old daughter ran after him.
When Newsome realized he couldn't outrun the girl, he gave the cell phone back to her and apologized, police explained. Newsome then ran from police officers, but they caught him behind the Best Buy on Evans Street, according to investigators.
Newsome is being jailed under a $25,000 bond.
- Fidel Castro laid to rest in private funeral
- Oakland fire: 30 bodies found; 80% of building still to be searched
- Updated Sec. Kerry says Trump did not contact State Dept. prior to calls
- Updated Euro falls as Italian leader quits after losing reform vote
- Updated 'Ten years at the top is a long time': New Zealand PM John Key resigns