Police said they have arrested a man who stole a cell phone from a woman, only to be chased down by the victim's 15-year-old daughter.
Adrian Newsome, 24, is charged with felony larceny from a person and resisting a public officer.
Greenville Police said Newsome stole a woman's cell phone at about 2 p.m. Thursday at the parking lot of the Walmart at 210 Greenville Blvd. But the victim's 15-year-old daughter ran after him.
When Newsome realized he couldn't outrun the girl, he gave the cell phone back to her and apologized, police explained. Newsome then ran from police officers, but they caught him behind the Best Buy on Evans Street, according to investigators.
Newsome is being jailed under a $25,000 bond.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal