Police said they have arrested a man who stole a cell phone from a woman, only to be chased down by the victim's 15-year-old daughter.
Adrian Newsome, 24, is charged with felony larceny from a person and resisting a public officer.
Greenville Police said Newsome stole a woman's cell phone at about 2 p.m. Thursday at the parking lot of the Walmart at 210 Greenville Blvd. But the victim's 15-year-old daughter ran after him.
When Newsome realized he couldn't outrun the girl, he gave the cell phone back to her and apologized, police explained. Newsome then ran from police officers, but they caught him behind the Best Buy on Evans Street, according to investigators.
Newsome is being jailed under a $25,000 bond.
- Updated How Hillary Clinton prepped for debate
- Updated Reunited at last: Elderly couple who broke hearts moved to same home
- Updated Relaunch of Galaxy Note 7 in South Korea delayed
- Updated Houston shooting: Police say they've shot suspect
- Updated Deutsche Bank shares plunge to lowest level in 20 years