JACKSONVILLE - Jacksonville Police say a 1½ year-old child was found unresponsive in a pool Saturday.
At approximately 6:35 p.m., officers responded to a home on Commons Drive in Jacksonville.
Police say the young boy was transported to Onslow Memorial Hospital and then airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
The incident remains under investigation. On Monday, police said their investigation indicates no evidence of foul play.
"No charges are anticipated in this tragic accident," stated Jacksonville Police Chief Mike Yaniero.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend