NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - There will soon be a new place to gather and play in New Bern.
The New Bern Board of Aldermen approved plans for a park and fountain at the intersection of Pollock and Queen Streets. The park will include street lights and eight trees.
The City of New Bern will maintain the park, and all the funds for building will come from donations and grants.
Although there were concerns that the fountain might delay traffic, a motion was passed that would allow the city to move the fountain at any time. With this approval, the Parks and Recreation Department can now pursue funding.
City Manager Mark Stephens said the park is estimated to cost about $150,000.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals