PAMLICO & BEAUFORT COUNTIES - A planned power outage is expected for close to 5,000 Progress Energy customers Sunday, and again on Dec. 2.
The outage is due to work that is set to be completed on the Bayboro power substation that serves Oriental.
An estimated 4,000 customers in Pamlico County and 850 in Beaufort County are expected to be affected. The towns include Bayboro, Grantsboro, Alliance, Stonewall, Oriental, Vandemere, Hobuken and Aurora. The outage is planned to start at 7 a.m. and last 15-20 min.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo