PAMLICO & BEAUFORT COUNTIES - A planned power outage is expected for close to 5,000 Progress Energy customers Sunday, and again on Dec. 2.
The outage is due to work that is set to be completed on the Bayboro power substation that serves Oriental.
An estimated 4,000 customers in Pamlico County and 850 in Beaufort County are expected to be affected. The towns include Bayboro, Grantsboro, Alliance, Stonewall, Oriental, Vandemere, Hobuken and Aurora. The outage is planned to start at 7 a.m. and last 15-20 min.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County