PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County Board of Education is expected to name its new superintendent Monday evening.
The board has called a special open session that is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Board Room. The board will vote on the new head of its school system during the meeting.
The new superintendent will replace Dr. Beverly Emory. Emory left the position for the superintendent position in Forsyth county.
Michael Cowin, the assistant superintendent for finance, took over as interim superintendent on July 1.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person