PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County Board of Education is expected to name its new superintendent Monday evening.
The board has called a special open session that is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Board Room. The board will vote on the new head of its school system during the meeting.
The new superintendent will replace Dr. Beverly Emory. Emory left the position for the superintendent position in Forsyth county.
Michael Cowin, the assistant superintendent for finance, took over as interim superintendent on July 1.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash