PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County Board of Education is expected to name its new superintendent Monday evening.
The board has called a special open session that is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Board Room. The board will vote on the new head of its school system during the meeting.
The new superintendent will replace Dr. Beverly Emory. Emory left the position for the superintendent position in Forsyth county.
Michael Cowin, the assistant superintendent for finance, took over as interim superintendent on July 1.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms