PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County Board of Education is expected to name its new superintendent Monday evening.
The board has called a special open session that is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Board Room. The board will vote on the new head of its school system during the meeting.
The new superintendent will replace Dr. Beverly Emory. Emory left the position for the superintendent position in Forsyth county.
Michael Cowin, the assistant superintendent for finance, took over as interim superintendent on July 1.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting