PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County sheriff has accepted a 16-percent pay increase.
At a Board of Commissioners meeting Monday night, Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks accepted a raise that will increase his pay from $86,000 a year to about $99,700.
In addition, Sheriff Elks receives an on-call pay of $5,600.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal