PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County sheriff has accepted a 16-percent pay increase.
At a Board of Commissioners meeting Monday night, Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks accepted a raise that will increase his pay from $86,000 a year to about $99,700.
In addition, Sheriff Elks receives an on-call pay of $5,600.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery