PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County man is accused of a sexual assault that happened several months ago.
Clarence Spivey, 53, of Grifton, was arrested on Wednesday and has been charged with second-degree sexual offense, according to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office. A 60-year-old woman suffered injuries during the alleged assault on March 1 and reported it Saturday.
Spivey was taken to the Pitt County Detention Center and placed under a $100,000 bond.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race