GREENVILLE PITT COUNTY - A mother has been been arrested for allegedly abducting her two children from Pitt County and taking them to New Mexico.
Therese Ignacita Garcia, 61, is charged with two counts of felony abduction of a child and is being held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $400,000 secured bond.
According to investigators, Garcia took her two daughters, ages 12 and 15, from their father's home on Anderson Chapel Road in Greenville. The children's father, Craig Colligan, who has custody of the children, said the abduction happened on Dec. 21, 2012.
Garcia took her two daughters to New Mexico, but brought them back on a bus on Monday, April 29, investigators said. Garcia then turned herself in to Greenville Police.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew