GREENVILLE PITT COUNTY - A mother has been been arrested for allegedly abducting her two children from Pitt County and taking them to New Mexico.
Therese Ignacita Garcia, 61, is charged with two counts of felony abduction of a child and is being held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $400,000 secured bond.
According to investigators, Garcia took her two daughters, ages 12 and 15, from their father's home on Anderson Chapel Road in Greenville. The children's father, Craig Colligan, who has custody of the children, said the abduction happened on Dec. 21, 2012.
Garcia took her two daughters to New Mexico, but brought them back on a bus on Monday, April 29, investigators said. Garcia then turned herself in to Greenville Police.
- Updated Adnan Syed, subject of 'Serial' podcast, wants out on bail
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center