PITT COUNTY - Deputies say they have identified a suspect who robbed a Dollar General store in Pitt County.
According to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, the armed robbery happened at about 10 p.m. Tuesday at the Dollar General on Highway 33 just east of Greenville.
The robber used a handgun to rob the store while two people were inside, investigators said. Although it was unclear exactly what was stolen, officials said about $400 in goods were involved.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office said investigators have identified a suspect. But at last check, that person had not yet been arrested.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response