PITT COUNTY - Deputies say they have identified a suspect who robbed a Dollar General store in Pitt County.
According to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, the armed robbery happened at about 10 p.m. Tuesday at the Dollar General on Highway 33 just east of Greenville.
The robber used a handgun to rob the store while two people were inside, investigators said. Although it was unclear exactly what was stolen, officials said about $400 in goods were involved.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office said investigators have identified a suspect. But at last check, that person had not yet been arrested.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race