AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - A fire at a Pitt County business caused heavy damage to the building and destroyed an ambulance, investigators said.
It happened at Ayden Diesel on Jolly Road in Ayden just before 9 p.m. Tuesday. Fire officials told NewsChannel 12 the building suffered significant smoke damage.
First responders said an ambulance inside the building was on fire when they arrived at the scene. They said that fire was quickly put out, but the ambulance was a total loss.
Investigators were working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list