PITT COUNTY - The bridge over the Tar River in Pitt County has reopened after ice closed it Thursday morning.
Emergency crews said they responded to a minor wreck on the bridge, located on Highway 222 in Falkland, just after 8 a.m. Thursday. While there were no major injuries in the accident, the crash blocked traffic on the bridge.
When responders got to the scene, they realized the bridge was completely iced over, officials said.
Department of Transportation workers have since melted the ice and the bridge is back open.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals