A pharmacist used his own weapon to stop a robber, who claimed he was armed.
A man tried to rob Pharmacy Plus on South Glenburnie Road, near Neuse Boulevard about 2 p.m. Friday, New Bern police said. The man handed the pharmacist a note, saying he had a gun, and demanded oxycodone.
But pharmacist Stroud Tilley did not give in.
"Well, I was reaching for my gun, and I pulled it up and stuck it up in his face and said, 'I got one too,' and he went to the door and left," Tilley said.
No arrests were made, police said.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend