BEAUFORT COUNTY - A petition has been filed to challenge a state permit that would allow a Vanceboro mine to put wastewater into a popular fishing creek.
The petition is one of many steps to challenge the permit. Boaters and people living near Blounts Creek in Beaufort County are concerned the project will deplete water levels and hurt marine life.
The Martin Marietta Material's vice president says the water would be acclimated to the surroundings by the time it reaches the creek. The VP says they are not trying to make a mess and then leave the area.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact