MEBANE, N.C. - A pedestrian has died after being struck by an Amtrak train headed to Raleigh.
Officials say the train was headed from Charlotte to New York when it hit a pedestrian on the tracks in Mebane at around 9:20 a.m. Sunday.
The train had been due to stop in Raleigh about an hour later.
Officials say there were 118 passengers on the train, and no other injuries were reported. The train is on hold for an investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog