SNOW HILL, GREENE COUNTY - Deputies said they are looking for a person of interest in a deadly shooting in Greene County.
According to the Greene County Sheriff's Office, investigators are searching for 32-year-old Rodrigo Garcia Perez, who is considered a person of interest in the shooting that happened at about 5:16 a.m. Sunday at Lot 29 of 116 Edgemont Dr. in Snow Hill.
The person shot, 48-year-old Ciro Gutierrez-Diaz, was transported to Vidant Medical Center, where he passed away several hours later, the Sheriff's Office said. There is no word on a motive for the shooting.
Perez is considered a person of interest because he's believed to be the last person to see the victim before the shooting, deputies said.
Neighbors tells us Perez and Diaz were good friends.
Perez is about 5-foot-4, has shoulder-length black hair and brown eyes, and has a scar above his lip, investigators said. Anyone with any information regarding Perez or the case is asked to contact the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 252-747-3411.
Neighbors tell us Diaz was from Mexico and had no family over here with him. We're told police are trying to contact the family to help figure out what to do with his remains.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida