JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Pender County deputy, charged with DWI in an Onslow County wreck, has been fired.
William Paluck was driving his patrol car when he became involved in a wreck on Highway 17 in Jacksonville Tuesday morning, investigators said. Paluck was charged with DWI, failure to reduce speed to avoid colliding with a vehicle, and reckless driving.
Paluck was hired to the Pender County Sheriff's Office on Dec. 14, 2009, according to the news release. He was the also a resource officer at Topsail Middle School.
Paluck was notified that he was fired from the sheriff's office. His court date was set for Sept. 18.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race