PITT COUNTY - A man is dead after getting fatally struck by a car around midnight Sunday, troopers said.
23-year-old Ethan Jennings was walking along Highway 264 in Greenville. That's when he was struck by a 21-year-old female driving a 2003 Ford Explorer traveling east. Jennings was dead when troopers arrived on scene.
The driver was not under the influence of alcohol at the time, and speed is not considered to have been a factor.
Toxicology results on Jennings have yet to be released.
No charges are expected.
- Updated How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories
- Investigators: MH17 shot down by Buk missile brought in from Russia
- Billionaire: Chinese real estate is 'biggest bubble in history'
- Controversial 3-parent baby technique produces a boy
- Government workers banned from entering NC due to House Bill 2