PITT COUNTY - A man is dead after getting fatally struck by a car around midnight Sunday, troopers said.
23-year-old Ethan Jennings was walking along Highway 264 in Greenville. That's when he was struck by a 21-year-old female driving a 2003 Ford Explorer traveling east. Jennings was dead when troopers arrived on scene.
The driver was not under the influence of alcohol at the time, and speed is not considered to have been a factor.
Toxicology results on Jennings have yet to be released.
No charges are expected.
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor