NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A vehicle hit a pedestrian during the morning commute in Craven County Wednesday.
According to New Bern Police, it happened on South Glenburnie Road, near the Bojangles' restaurant. The pedestrian was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. But there was no word on the victim's injuries or condition.
Investigators did not say who the driver of the vehicle is, or if charges will be filed.
Police said South Glenburnie Road, between Brunswick Avenue and Roanoke Avenue, was shut down for some time, but was reopened at about 8 a.m.
- Updated The history behind Kaepernick's anthem protest
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville