NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A vehicle hit a pedestrian during the morning commute in Craven County Wednesday.
According to New Bern Police, it happened on South Glenburnie Road, near the Bojangles' restaurant. The pedestrian was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. But there was no word on the victim's injuries or condition.
Investigators did not say who the driver of the vehicle is, or if charges will be filed.
Police said South Glenburnie Road, between Brunswick Avenue and Roanoke Avenue, was shut down for some time, but was reopened at about 8 a.m.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend