KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A peanut truck overturned, injuring two people and causing peanuts to spill all over a highway, Kinston Fire Officials said Tuesday night.
They said around 7:45 p.m. the tractor trailer overturned on N.C. 11 in Lenoir County, near Dunn Road. The 18-Wheeler ran off of the road, tried to over correct and then overturned.
A husband and wife were inside of the vehicle at the time. Fire officials said that the husband was not injured, but the wife sustained a head laceration. Both were taken to Lenoir Memorial Hospital. The Kinston Free Press reported that the driver, Douglas Berry Joyner, 50, of Ahoskie, will be charged with failure to maintain lane control.
The area of N.C. 11 was closed for several hours. The Kinston Free Press reported Tuesday night that the Peanut clean-up will continue throughout the night, and probably throughout Wednesday evening.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters