RALEIGH - North Carolina Gov.-elect Pat McCrory has named a close political ally and a veteran business executive to join his upcoming Cabinet.
McCrory said Thursday that Dr. Aldona Wos of Greensboro will be his secretary of health and human services, while John Skvarla of Pinehurst will be secretary of environment and natural resources.
Wos is a former U.S. ambassador to Estonia and physician who worked in McCrory's gubernatorial campaign, leading the "Women for McCrory" movement.
Skvarla currently is chief executive of Restoration Systems of Raleigh, which repairs wetlands and protects streams.
McCrory also said transition team executive director Thomas Stith will be his chief of staff when the former Charlotte mayor is sworn in Jan. 5. McCrory says he'd like to have his entire Cabinet in place by then.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica