Pastor severely burned, church a total loss

BEAUFORT COUNTY - A pastor sustained severe burns after a gas heater explosion at a church in Beaufort County. The one-room church is a total loss as a result, Bath fire officials said.

Solomon Adams was lighting a gas heater around 2:50 p.m. at the Love Tabernacle Church of God in Christ, Bath fire officials said. The church is located off Highway 264 near Boyd Road. Adams' arms and one of his legs sustained burns.

Adams was taken to Belhaven Vidant Hosptial by a private car, and then taken to the burn center at Chapel Hill, fire officials said.


Most Popular