PANTEGO - About 2,043 Tideland members in Fairfield and Englehard will be without power for a while early Thursday morning.
A Tideland EMC official says a planned outage will begin at 11:59 Wednesday night, when the co-op will shut off power to its Mattamuskett substation.
For about three hours, crews will reframe transmission line structures to provide safe working clearance for state D.O.T. contractors working on a Hyde County bridge.
Tideland expects power to be restored by 3:00 a.m. Thursday.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating