PANTEGO - About 2,043 Tideland members in Fairfield and Englehard will be without power for a while early Thursday morning.
A Tideland EMC official says a planned outage will begin at 11:59 Wednesday night, when the co-op will shut off power to its Mattamuskett substation.
For about three hours, crews will reframe transmission line structures to provide safe working clearance for state D.O.T. contractors working on a Hyde County bridge.
Tideland expects power to be restored by 3:00 a.m. Thursday.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth