NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - More than 230 people were without power for a time Tuesday night when a car hit a power pole, closing a part of River Road in Craven County.
Authorities at the scene said it happened sometime Tuesday evening. As of 9:30 p.m., traffic was still being diverted.
Authorities at the scene said the person driving hit the power pole was not injured,
Check back as NewsChannel 12 works to Get The Facts Right.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew