JACKSONVILLE - A stretch of Sioux Drive in Jacksonville's Northwoods section will be closed to through traffic on Tuesday and Wednesday.
City Utilities will close the road from Edgewood to Smallwood to install a new sewer line. The line is more than ten feet deep and large parts of the road will have to be opened for the work.
Residents of the block will be able to access their driveways, but through traffic will be detoured. The work will start about 9:00 Tuesday morning and will continue until the project is finished. It is estimated to finish sometime Wednesday afternoon or evening.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War