MOREHEAD CITY - (AP) - The Pamlico Sound is closing to all large-mesh gill net fishing because of problems with endangered sea turtles.
The N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries has documented four interactions between the large-mesh gill nets and sea turtles since that type of fishing was allowed in the Pamlico Sound beginning Sept. 15.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County