MOREHEAD CITY - (AP) - The Pamlico Sound is closing to all large-mesh gill net fishing because of problems with endangered sea turtles.
The N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries has documented four interactions between the large-mesh gill nets and sea turtles since that type of fishing was allowed in the Pamlico Sound beginning Sept. 15.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings