MOREHEAD CITY - (AP) - The Pamlico Sound is closing to all large-mesh gill net fishing because of problems with endangered sea turtles.
The N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries has documented four interactions between the large-mesh gill nets and sea turtles since that type of fishing was allowed in the Pamlico Sound beginning Sept. 15.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast